MePush CyberSec Symposium 2019 PSA/News Release by Lisa Z. Leighton, 10 Sep 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MePush to Offer Free Cyber Security Seminar to Local Business Owners and Managers
MePush, a tech services company with locations in Lewisburg and Bloomsburg, will kick-off Cyber Security Awareness Month by presenting a free seminar to the business community on Thursday, October 3 from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Central PA Chamber of Commerce, 30 Lawton Lane, in Milton. The seminar is free, but RSVPs are required.
Small and medium-sized businesses are encouraged to attend to learn about how to better secure their companies and networks. The seminar will include demonstrations, presentations and partner resources. Presenters will include hackers, security professionals, and cyber security service vendors. There will be talks related to awareness, as well demonstrations illustrating actual security that businesses can implement. Attendees will also be able to visit with cyber security vendors who can assist business with solutions.
Key presenters and presentations will include:
- John Britton, Security Operations Center Manager with Corvid Cyberdefense
- Michael Frauenhoffer, Security Consultant and former MePush employee will present a hacking demo and talk, “My favorite computer is your computer: an introduction into how hackers make money off of small- and medium-sized businesses.”
- Jared Sholley with Sholley Insurance Agency will discuss Cyber Insurance and protection for the inevitable
- Jordan Snook, Cyber Security Manager at MePush will address authentication and password management with Duo, Yubikey, Azure AD, and LastPass as well as a presentation about securing the castle and the secrets within, a discussion about password security and authentication.
- Art Ocain, COO of MePush will present how local government needs to respond to current cyber threats
- Jeffrey M. Miller with Jeffrey M. Miller Consultancy, will discuss integrated threat management solutions and discuss threats from within
This is a must-attend event for business owners and managers, policy makers, team leads, and IT professionals. Regardless of business sector, information security is important and the threats to a company and employees are real.
RSVP by going to MePush.com/2019-cybersec-symposium/
MePush provides IT support, web design, application development, consulting, and computer repair to local businesses, non-profit organizations, and residential customers. Their cybersecurity offerings include compliance on all levels, phishing and security testing, and penetration services which are an offensive way for businesses to ensure that systems are secure.